Tomori, NCMP – In a letter dated 11th Nov. 2020 seen by NCMP, the SPLM/SPLA(IO) mentioned that the First Vice President will soon be replaced with a new Chairman, in order to stop the FVP from confusing South Sudan by ruling the Country.
The letter also broached on the delegates that are summoned to the conference. Among the questions asked are:
- if it is really a party conference, why the members of NLC and PB are not included?
- Have all members of NLC and PB defected from the movement?
- Why are you still calling yourself: “The Chairman” since you know the whole leadership is not anymore with you?
- Why is it titled the 6th SPLM/SPLA (10) Conference while the Military Commanders are not included?
“How are you going to inaugurate the interim party leadership while on the Agenda, there is no indication that an interim party leadership is going to be formed?” Asked SPLM/SPLA(IO) in the letter.
Among other issues mentioned in the letter are
- Which article in the SPLM-IO Constitution that allows such body (Conference) to establish SPLM-IO (interim) leadership?
- Do you mean to say: those constitutional post holders are going to be the interim Leaders of the Party?
According to SPLM/SPLA(IO) in the letter, the program of the Conference and the table of delegates, have shown that the first vice president’s leadership limits and the limits of FVP organizational knowledge, because according to the letter, the First Vice president suppose to know that, when party cadres in the Government Being National, State or Local Governments meet with the top Leaders of their Organization, it is not called Party Conference, but caucus meeting.
In the letter, it was analyzed that what is going to happen in Juba between the 23rd and 27th of November 2020, is not the 6th SPLM/SPLA-IO Conference, but SPLM-IO Caucus Meeting.
The letter added that the caucus meeting which involve all levels of Government should not take place before the formation of the State Governments and County Administrations. It should therefore be Orientation meeting of the SPLM-IO appointees and nominees to the Constitutional posts.
According to the letter, the FVP have already abandoned the SPLM-IO, and SPLM-IO use the letter as an opportunity to inform the Machar that, he will remain as first Vice President, but not the Chairman of the SPLM-IO.
This was the position expressed in the letter.
Find below, a copy of the letter