The one page joint Agreement seen by NCMP summarize and underscores all problems the sudanese have been struggling to achieve for the last 64 years of it Independent.
Here is the agreement below:
We. Representatives of the Transitional Government of the Republic of Sudan and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North, affirm the following principles:
- Sudan is a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-cultural society. Full recognition and accommodation of these diversities must be affirmed.
- Complete political and social equalities of all peoples in the Sudan must be guaranteed by law.
- A democratic state must be established in the Sudan. For Sudan to become a democratic country where the rights of all citizens are enshrined, the constitution should be based on die principle of “separation of religion and state” in the absence of which the right to self-determination must be respected. Freedom of belief and worship and religious practice shall be guaranteed in full to all Sudanese citizens. The state shall not establish an official religion. No citizen shall be discriminated against based on their religion.
- The people of Nuba Mountains and Blue Nile (the “Two Areas”) retain the status quo which includes self-protection until security arrangements are agreed upon by the parties to the conflict and until “separation between religion and state” is actualized.
- The parties hereby agree to maintain cessation of hostilities throughout the peace process until the security arrangements arc agreed upon.
- The principle of appropriate and fair sharing of power and wealth among the various people of the Sudan must be realized through the constitution.
Signed at Addis Ababa this 3rd day of September 2020
H.E. Abdalla Hamdok
Prime Minister of the Republic of the Sudan
Abdalaziz Adam Alhilu Chairman and C-in-C
Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North