Kiir sacked Nhial and replaces army, security chiefs.
South Sudan President Salva Kiir Mayardit has this evening issued a republican decree replacing the country’s army chief General Johnson Juma Akot with division 3 commander General Santino Deng Wol.
Another decree read out on the state-owned SSBC also dismissed DG of the General Security Bureau General Thomas Duoth Guet with former commander of SSPDF’s sixth infantry division, General Simon Yien Makuach.
In a separate decree, Kiir also appointed General Johnson Juma into the foreign service and appointed him as the country’s ambassador to Belgium.
General Thomas Duoth Guet was also appointed South Sudan ambassador to the state of Kuwait.
Kiir who is the supreme commander of the armed forces also dismissed the deputy minister of defense, Malek Ruben, replacing him with General Chol Thon Balok.
Find details below:
- General Johnson Juma Okot sacked from Chief of Defense and appointed ambassador to Belgium
2. General Malek Reuben appointed ambassador to Eritrea
3. General Thomas Duoth relieved from Director of External Bureau of NSS and appointed ambassador to Kuwait
4. Chuol Thon Balok appointed to deputy Minister of Defence replacing Malek Ruben
5. Gen. Yien Mathew promoted to General and appointed as director of External Security Burreau NNS
6. Dr. Marial Benjamin appointed to Minister in the Office of the President
7. Lt. Santino Deng Wol promoted to General and appointed Chief of Defense
Leave a Reply