Oil shipments have not been halted, according to Makuei.
The government has refuted accusations that it halted crude oil exports via Port Sudan after the Monday military coup that sparked public protests.
At a news conference on Friday, Government Spokesperson and Minister of Information Michael Makuei Lueth refuted the claims.
Makuei slammed the stories, claiming that individuals who spread them didn’t do enough study to comprehend that the military government’s state of emergency had no effect on crude oil exports.
“It is not on hold. The issue [with some of you] is that you do not keep up with the news from Eastern Sudan.
They (the Sudanese military administration) have been stating that we are creating an exception and that oil would be exported as a result of this exception,” Makuei told media following the Council of Ministers meeting yesterday.
“They will let some trucks to transport food to Khartoum.” This is what they stated, and this is what they did. We have begun negotiations with the [Sudanese] administration, and everything is now in the works,” he continued.
Makuei attempted to explain widespread media allegations that the South Sudanese government had temporarily halted exports via Port Sudan owing to the country’s continuing political instability.
South Sudan’s earnings from the oil industry account for 95 percent of total revenue. The country’s crude oil is exported to the international market through Port Sudan.
Following the bloodless coup organized by the military, led by Lt Gen Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan, the African Union responded by halting all activity in Khartoum.
According to a statement issued by the African Union Political Affairs Peace and Security, the suspension would remain in force until the complete restoration of the transitional authority guiding the nation toward the election.
“The African Union chooses to suspend the Republic of Sudan’s participation in all African Union operations until the successful restoration of civilian-led transitional leadership,” the statement said in part.
The union applauded Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok’s release but demanded the quick release of all detained ministers and civilian authorities.
Prime Minister Hamdok was freed on Tuesday and taken by the military to his residence in Khartoum.
Following the international community’s criticism of the coup and the incarceration of civilian leaders, Dr Hamdok was transported to his residence under strict protection.
The US funding was agreed in a budget measure passed last year for the 2020 fiscal fiscal year, with the goal of assisting Sudan in its democratic transition.
The US Department of State has repeatedly cautioned that any changes to the transitional government would jeopardize US support to Sudan.
The acts, according to the US, violate Sudan’s Constitutional Declaration and undercut the democratic aspirations of the Sudanese people, who have consistently asked for peace, justice, and liberty in their nation.
In addition, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres urged for Dr. Hamdok’s “prompt release,” who was jailed with other civilian leaders.